The Cell Evaluation & Therapy (CET) Shared Resource offers investigators comprehensive analytic flow cytometry and high-speed cell sorting services and the capacity to generate human cellular and tissue-based products for use in translational research. The CET Shared Resource consists of two synergistic and coordinated units – the Flow Cytometry and Cell Sorting Unit and the Center for Cellular Therapy.
- Multi-parametric and multi-laser measurements including apoptosis, cell proliferation, cell cycle distribution, and immunophenotyping, as well as detection of intracellular proteins, membrane perturbations, and bioactive molecules.
- High-speed cell sorting based on cell surface marker immunostaining and/or side-population staining.
- Consultation and assistance concerning experimental design, sample preparation, and data analysis.
- Training in the use of routine flow cytometric technology and analytical equipment.
- Advanced training in novel flow cytometric assays that are new and/or specific to HCC researchers’ applications.
- New methods to assist HCC members in performing cutting-edge research.
- Expanded cell therapy and gene therapy-based bio-therapeutic products for Phase I and II clinical studies employing current cGMP as required by federal regulations.
- Immune monitoring services to evaluate the immune response in patients and provide data for basic laboratory experiments.
- Regulatory expertise in the preparation of cell and possibly gene therapy-based INDs.
If you publish a manuscript including research supported by the Cell Evaluation & Therapy Shared Resource, the HCC recommends the following text to be placed in the acknowledgement section: "Supported in part by the Cell Evaluation & Therapy Shared Resource, Hollings Cancer Center, Medical University of South Carolina (P30 CA138313)."