Ride with purpose. Ride as one.
November 1-2, 2019
Lowvelo is no ordinary bike ride. Rather, it's a bold idea to pull the entire state together to raise funds for cancer research at a level that’s never been tried before in South Carolina.
100 percent of every rider-raised dollar goes directly to life-saving cancer research at Hollings Cancer Center, Medical University of South Carolina.
"It's not a race. You don’t need a fancy bike or have to be in the best shape. It's a community experience of building partnerships to attain health and achieve the unimaginable - a cancer-free world for our kids and their kids."
- Hollings Cancer Center Director Gustavo Leone, Ph.D.
An Opportunity for the City and State
- Engage the community in raising the quality of cancer care across economic classes
- Provide numerous job & volunteer opportunities
- Raise awareness of the cancer burden throughout the state
- Promote partnerships with academic institutions and community organizations
- Expand clinical and research reach to urban & rural South Carolina
Aligns with MUSC Imagine 2020
- Patients & Families First: Supports the latest clinical trials
- Innovative Learning: Funds cancer research training program
- Healthy Communities: Encourages active lifestyles, contributing to reduced cancer rates and healthy living
- Diversity & Inclusion: Focuses on health disparities and community engagement
- Scientific Discoveries: Fosters innovative multi-disciplinary research and collaboration
of rider-raised funds will directly support scientific discoveries and delivery of high-quality cancer care.