The Biostatistics Shared Resource provides statistical support to basic scientists, clinical investigators, behavioral scientists and epidemiologists involved in cancer research. The purposes of the Biostatistics Shared Resource are to:
- Provide statistical support to cancer investigators for the design of studies, analysis of data, quality control, manuscript preparation and development of grant proposals.
- Adapt, develop and validate novel statistical methodologies to address emerging approaches in ongoing cancer research.
- Facilitate interactions within the Hollings Cancer Center by participating in project development meetings with program leaders and other shared resource directors.
- Serve on Hollings Cancer Center protocol review and monitoring committees to provide critical input into proposed and ongoing internal and external clinical trials.
- Provide ongoing education in statistical methods and approaches for faculty, fellows, residents and staff.
Contact a Biostatistician
To consult with a biostatistician regarding your research, please use our request form.
If you publish a manuscript including research supported by the Biostatistics Shared Resource, the HCC recommends the following text to be placed in the acknowledgement section: "Supported in part by the Biostatistics Shared Resource, Hollings Cancer Center, Medical University of South Carolina (P30 CA138313)."